$4.38 – $9.95
Aroma: Woody, Spicy, Piney, Sweet
Extraction: Steam Distilled
Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans) is not just a spice for tasty dishes. This fragrant essential oil has a spicy, woody fragrance similar to the spice commonly used when baking. It has been used in aromatherapy to relieve muscle pain, swelling, inflammation, to promote circulation, and to relieve menstrual discomfort, among other uses. Nutmeg essential oil has an incredible aroma that blends well with Orange, Clove, Ginger, and Copaiba among many others.
- Muscle & Joints: Help ease muscle cramping, spasms, and discomfort, by diluting Nutmeg with a carrier oil or by adding it to your favorite muscle rub.
- Bloating: Nutmeg and be used to ease painful gas and bloating due to indigestion or menstruation.
- Healthy Digestion: Promote healthy digestion by diluting and applying Nutmeg to the tummy area. For more information on internal uses, please read our Internal Use page.
- Minor Pain & Inflammation: Dilute and apply Nutmeg topically to ease minor aches, pains and inflammation.
Available Sizes & Bottle Styles
- Aromatherapy Style Bottles come in 2 ml, 5ml, and 10ml sizes and are 100% pure & potent therapeutic grade essential oil.
- Our Ready-to-Go Roll-on Style Bottle comes in a 10ml size and is made of 100% pure & potent therapeutic grade essential oil expertly mixed with high quality carrier oil to make these roll-ons ready to use on-the-go with the ideal balance of aroma, potency & safety.
Apply 1-2 diluted drops to neck, abdomen or back to lift mood
Add several drops to skin or skin care products
Add 8-10 drops to a diffuser
Add a drop to palms of hands, cover nose and mouth and inhale
Add to water in spray bottle to freshen air
Smell directly from bottle
INTERNALLY: (see internal use safety recommendations)
Dilute with carrier oil & add to cold or hot beverage to benefit body systems
Add 1-10 diluted drops to capsule
Add to marinades, desserts, & drinks to enhance the flavor of foods
Hazards: Potentially carcinogenic, based on safrole and methyleugenol content; psychotropic in high doses. Use caution during pregnancy or while nursing.
Contraindications: None known.
Maximum adult daily oral dose: 28mg
Maximum dermal use level: EU 0.016%, IFRA 0.03%, Tisserand & Young 0.8%
Dilute well before topical application. Do not use on mucous membranes. Store in a dark, airtight container in the refrigerator.
Store in a covered or dark, airtight container in the refrigerator or cool area for longest shelf life.
Coming Soon. . .