$4.38 – $9.95
Aroma: Woody, Earthy, Sweet
Extraction: Steam Distilled
Part Used: Wood
Himalayan Cedarwood (Cedrus deodara) essential oil has a rich, slightly sweet and earthy aroma that is similar to, but a bit sweeter than Cedarwood Atlas. Himalayan Cedarwood has been used to encourage respiratory health and to support emotional vitality. Its woody, earthy aroma can be integrated into meditative routines and promotes feelings of harmony and a centered calmness.
- Respiratory Aid: With expectorant and mucolytic properties, Himalayan Cedarwood can become a valuable aid to the loosening and expelling mucus.
- Emotional Clarity: Diffuse during meditation to encourage feelings of balance and wellbeing.
- Immune Regulation: Has been shown to balance cells that regulate immune system function and reduce inflammation which may aid those with autoimmune disorders.
- Insecticidal: Use to help control storing and common flying insects.
- Ulcers: Himalayan Cedarwood may reduce stomach acid volume, encourage a more alkaline environment, reduce stomach inflammation, and protect against stomach ulcers.
- Water Retention: Apply topically to areas of concern to help reduce water retention.
Available Sizes & Bottle Styles
- Aromatherapy Style Bottles come in 2 ml, 5ml, and 10ml sizes and are 100% pure & potent therapeutic grade essential oil.
- Our Ready-to-Go Roll-on Style Bottle comes in a 10ml size and is made of 100% pure & potent therapeutic grade essential oil expertly mixed with a high-quality carrier oil to make these roll-ons ready to use on-the-go with the ideal balance of aroma, potency & safety.
Apply 1-2 diluted drops on area of concern, pulse points, abdomen, or back
Add several drops to skin or skin care products
Add 8-10 drops to a diffuser
Add a drop to palms of hands, cover nose and mouth and inhale
Add to water in spray bottle to spritz in a room or on linens
Inhale scent directly from the bottle, or put a drop on a tissue and inhale
INTERNALLY: (see internal use safety recommendations)
Dilute with carrier oil & add to cold or hot beverage to benefit body systems
Add 1-10 diluted drops to capsule
Hazards: May be moderately toxic.
Contraindications: None known.
The major constituents, himachalenes and atlantones, likely accounted for the insecticidal action. Present bioassay results revealed the potential for essential oil and different constituents of C. deodara as botanical larvicides for their use in pest management.
- Chaudhary, A., Sharma, P., Nadda, G., Tewary, D. K., & Singh, B. (2011). Chemical composition and larvicidal activities of the Himalayan cedar, Cedrus deodara essential oil and its fractions against the diamondback moth, Plutella xylostella. Journal of insect science (Online), 11, 157.