$16.95 – $128.89
Country of Origin: Oman
Extraction Method: Distilled
Chemical Family: Monoterpene
Frankincense sacra has an inspiring, calming aroma that is warm, resinous, and earthy. This essential oil supports healthy, moisturized skin and a clear complexion. It’s a popular choice for aging skin and to treat scars. Frankincense has been shown to be active against inflammation, and can be used for calming irritated skin, easing muscle and joint stiffness and for minor pain. Research indicates Frankincense may be useful for issues such as bronchial asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, or other autoimmune diseases.
Frankincense sacra can be used to calm the nerves and set a relaxing tone when diffused or applied topically. It makes an excellent companion for Yoga or other types of meditation, and can instill feelings of wellbeing.
- Aging Skin: May be used to help tone and rejuvenate aging skin.
- Cancer: There has been some encouraging research done regarding Frankincense sacra and breast cancer. See the Research tab for more information.
- Respiratory Support: May be used to support healthy lung function. Is a popular choice for bronchitis and asthma. May be applied topically to the chest area or diffused.
- Skin Health:To take advantage of this oils healing and moisturizing influence, Frankincense sacra can be applied to dry or irritated skin, and be used to minimize the appearance of scars.
- Meditation: May be diffused to create an environment conducive to personal introspection and exploring the mind/body connection.
- Muscles & Joints: May be added to massage oils and rubbed into joints to ease inflammation and minor pain.
Available Sizes & Bottle Styles
- Aromatherapy Style Bottles come in 2 ml, 5ml, 10ml, and 30ml and are 100% pure & potent therapeutic essential oil
- Ready-to-Go Roll-on Style Bottles come in 4 ml and 10ml sizes, and are 100% pure & potent therapeutic grade essential oil expertly mixed with high quality carrier oil to make these roll-ons ready to use on-the-go with the ideal balance of aroma, potency & safety.
Apply 1-2 diluted drops to improve appearance of
Add to skin or skin care products
Apply 1-2 diluted drops to healing cuts or skin irritations to cleanse and help reduce appearance of scars
Apply to the abdomen, back or other area of body to balance mood
Add 8-10 drops to a diffuser
Add a drop to palms of hands, cover nose and mouth and inhale
Add to water in spray bottle to freshen air
Smell directly from bottle
INTERNALLY: (see internal use safety recommendations)
Dilute with carrier oil & add to cold or hot beverage to benefit body systems
Add 1-10 diluted drops to capsule
Hazards: Skin sensitization if oxidized.
Cautions: Old or oxidized oils should be avoided.
If pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before use. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, and sensitive skin. Keep out of reach of children.
Although most people are not sensitive to Frankincense, it is advisable to test a small area first. If sensitivity occurs, use a carrier oil to dilute. Diluting essential oils before topical application will not reduce the effectiveness of the essential oil, but extends the life if your oil, and in some cases, can even enhance it.
Store in a covered or dark, airtight container in the refrigerator or cool area for longest shelf life.
Showed pronounced activity against a panel of bacteria
- Al-Saidi S, Rameshkumar KB, Hisham A, Sivakumar N, Al-Kindy S. (2012) Composition and antibacterial activity of the essential oils of four commercial grades of Omani luban, the oleo-gum resin of Boswellia sacra FLUECK. Chem biodivers. Mar;9(3)615-24. doi: 10.1002/cbdv.201100189.
Similar to our previous observations in human bladder cancer cells, Boswellia sacra essential oil induces breast cancer cell-specific cytotoxicity. Suppression of cellular network formation and disruption of spheroid development of breast cancer cells by Boswellia sacra essential oil suggest that the essential oil may be effective for advanced breast cancer. Consistently, the essential oil represses signaling pathways and cell cycle regulators that have been proposed as therapeutic targets for breast cancer. Future pre-clinical and clinical studies are urgently needed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of Boswellia sacra essential oil as a therapeutic agent for treating breast cancer.
- Suhail, M. M., Wu, W., Cao, A., Mondalek, F. G., Fung, K. M., Shih, P. T., … Lin, H. K. (2011). Boswellia sacra essential oil induces tumor cell-specific apoptosis and suppresses tumor aggressiveness in cultured human breast cancer cells. BMC complementary and alternative medicine, 11, 129. doi:10.1186/1472-6882-11-129
More coming soon…