$3.98 – $10.95
Aroma: Rich, Woody, Warm, Powerful
Extraction: Steam Distillation
Arborvitae is an essential oil with a woody, earthy, and warm aroma. Because Arborvitae is extremely potent, and has a powerful aroma along with heavy pigmentation, it should be highly diluted to prevent staining. This oil’s primary constituent is Methyl thujate, and it is popular for promoting clear and healthy looking skin when applied topically. Arborvitae is a powerful cleansing oil, making it an ideal addition to home-made cleansing recipes. This oil has traditionally been used as a wood preservative and can also be used as a natural insect repellent.
- Insect Repellent: Arborvitae can be diffused to help repel pesky insects.
- Purify: Arborvitae can be used to clean by adding a small amount to your favorite homemade cleaning blend.
- Emotional Support: To help encourage a relaxed atmosphere and a balanced attitude, add a drop to your diffuser to fill the room with the aroma of Arborvitae.
- 2 ml – 100% pure & potent therapeutic essential oil
- 4 ml Ready-to-Go Rollerball – 100% pure & potent therapeutic grade essential oil expertly mixed with high quality fractionated coconut oil to make these rollerballs ready to use on-the-go with the ideal balance of aroma, potency & safety.
- 10 ml Rollerball – 100% pure & potent therapeutic grade essential oil expertly mixed with high quality fractionated coconut oil to make these rollerballs ready to use with the ideal balance of aroma, potency & safety
- 10 ml – 100% pure & potent therapeutic essential oil
Apply 1-2 diluted drops on area of concern, pulse points, abdomen, or back
Add several diluted drops to skin or skin care products
Add 1-3 drops to a diffuser
Add a diluted drop to palms of hands, cover nose and mouth and inhale
Inhale scent directly from the bottle, or put a drop on a tissue and inhale
Hazards: Expected to be neurotoxic, based on thujone content.
Contraindications (all routes): Pregnancy, breastfeeding
Contraindications: Should not be taken in oral doses.
Maximum dermal use level: 0.25%
Dilute to 0.25% or less before topical application. Do not use on mucous membranes.
Arborvitae (Western Red Cedar) effects on skin health: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2214008517300044