All Natural Frankincense Face Cream
Frankincense Essential Oil has been called the “King of Anti-Aging” when it comes to essential oil skin care. Frankincense is one of the oldest oils in history and its great medicinal value dates back to biblical times when people would burn it as incense and for anointing areas of the body.
Frankincense essential oil uses include reducing stress, fighting inflammation, promoting natural healing, aiding in proper digestion, and reducing the visibility of scars. Those who haven’t used this oil on their skin are missing out!
To make our anti-aging face cream here’s what’s needed:
- ½ cup Almond Oil
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Beeswax
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Shea Butter
- 15 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
Mixing up the cream is easy–it takes less than 5 minutes.
- Melt Beeswax on medium-low in a double broiler on the stove, or in microwave on low power for 30 seconds at a time until wax is melted.
- In a small dish whip the melted wax and all other ingredients EXCEPT the Frankincense essential oil until it forms soft peaks.
- Add in the Frankincense essential oil and whip the mixture more until it’s fluffy again.
- The mixture is ready for use! Store it in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
To use the mixture, simply apply it generously to face, neck, and upper chest area as desired. Let the mixture sit on skin for at least 10-12 minutes. Be careful not to get any of the mixture in the eyes. The mixture can also be applied directly to scars anywhere on the body. This cream is made from only natural ingredients and essential oils and no preservatives so it should be used within a couple of months or refrigerated to extend shelf life.
For more DIY projects and essential oil uses, check out Davina’s guide to making bath bombs. The bath bombs make a great gift, and the project is great to do with kids!